February 20, 2015

Off to the Races



Making a Jelly Roll 1600 quilt had been on my list for awhile. So when Hancocks Paducah had a sale on Timeless Treasures "Jack Frost" I swooped in and ordered a half yard of every color! I diligently cut about 40 2.5" strips, and sewed them together. And sewed, and sewed, and sewed. Not the most interesting quilt to piece, but it was fairly quick and I am happy with the result! I quilted it with a swirly design called "Alex".  

OK, I confess, I had plenty of fabric in my stash to make one of these, and probably a few hundred more :) but it was appealing because they were all from the same fabric line so color selection was easy! I don't normally "collect" batiks. In fact, I think this is the first batik quilt I have made! I  have plenty of fabric left over to make two or three more quilts, but they will be something different! 

No comments: